Accounts & Passwords
The objective is to prevent access by unauthorized users, and the compromise or theft of information and information processing facilities.
Users will follow good security practice in password selection and the following should be considered:
* Keep passwords confidential
* Avoid keeping paper records unless securely stored
* Change passwords whenever security is threatened
* Select passwords with a minimum of eight characters, are easy to remember, not based on anything easy to guess, free from consecutive characters or numbers
* Regular changing of passwords and avoidance of using old passwords
* Change temporary passwords at first log-on
* Do not use passwords in an automated log-on process
* Do not share individual passwords.
Special consideration should go to users of multiple services or platforms with a view to using a single quality password.
The issue, use and maintenance of passwords will follow the company policy defined in the latest issue of the Password Security Policy.